Friday, January 23, 2009

Something worse than snow?

In the many different and varying types of weather we receive in Cache Valley I believe I have found the worst one. Now the reader might be asking his/her self. "Is it the snow? Is it the cold? Is it the inversion?" My answer to all these questions is NO. I believe that the worst kind of weather we have received in Cache Valley is that freezing rain. Now let me just back my reason for this new hatred of natures fury. I live with my wife at the bottom of old main and on my strolls home I usually walk down the steps and then cross the field. As most of you people out their know their has been snow on that hill for the last couple of weeks now and I have become very accustom to use certain tactics in order to navigate to my humble home in safety. Well after this recent rain things were defiantly different. As usual I headed down the stairs and made my forty five degree turn onto the "snow". Well after my first five steps I felt a noticeable difference in the way the terrain usually behaved. It was like walking on a solid piece of ice. So needless to say I experienced a little bit of panic but figured that I could continue on ward. I again took a couple of steps forward however the hill was getting steeper and I could feel my feet start to head down. Unfourtunatley I am not a skier so after a few seconds of free sliding down the hill I landed on my knees. Even after my fall I continued to slide down the hill another fifteen feet. Talk about embarissing! :( Well after my fall I said, "the heck with this" and decided I had better head to the steps. Despite this decision the ice was still present and I fell a couple of more times before my feet were safley on the sidewalk of the steps.
So the weather I hate about Cache valley is the blasted freezing rain. I just hope we get some snow so that my ego and knees can experience some relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment