Monday, January 26, 2009

Technology in the classroom
During class today we discussed and explored the tools that are available on the UEN website. Initially I thought the UEN website would be very limiting as to the tools it offered to us as teachers but I was quite wrong. After spending just a few minutes on the website I had answered questions that I previously use to have. One of my biggest concerns becoming a teacher is knowing what and where the core curriculum requirements can be found. UEN is awesome in how it not only provides teachers with the core standards but when you go into the lesson plan creator it provides a section where you can go and look up and see where your possible lesson plan might fall into. I think that this will be an extremely helpful tool to me as a teacher especially when it comes time to show administrators how I am using and teaching core curriculum subjects and material.
Another thing I discovered on the website was the very useful resources available to my future students and parents. I think that having an electronic means to let kids and parents reach me is going to be extremely helpful especially if kids need help on their homework or if they are struggling to understand something.
Overall I was greatly impressed with the UEN website and look forward to possibly using it some day to help my students excel in their academic pursuits.


Lesson Plan Overview

Grade Level Chosen: 5th Grade
Subject: Science-Geology formations and behaviors of volcanoes.
Lesson plan title: Push through
Refrences:
http://www.brighthub.com/education/k-12/articles/5842.aspx
http://www.teachervision.fen.com/chemistry/lesson-plan/335.html
http://www.uen.org/Lessonplan/preview?LPid=2695

No comments:

Post a Comment