Monday, April 6, 2009

Instructional Architect

Class today was pretty good. We had a guest lecture who talked to us about all of the good information and cool tools available on Instructional Architect. What I really like about IA is that their is a wide variety of lesson plans and web based sources available to teachers. I have seen websites like this before, however, they usually cost money and are not so freely available to the public. The tools that I thought were the most useful were the lesson plan developer and the resource manager. What I really liked about the lesson planner was that there were not all kinds of useless tools or categories that you had to fill in in order to make the lesson plan. This allowed the user to create a lesson plan very efficiently. I also liked the way the resource manager kept track of your noted sources; I felt like it was easy to use, read, and understand. After getting acquainted with WebQuest and Instructional Architect I would have to say that I will most likely use Instructional Architect when I have to develop and create my final lesson plan for the semester. I will also more than likely use IA in the future to find resources and tools to better develop my own lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment